Send Topic Print
Real Maintenance (Read 4682 times)
HNGOHEL
RSA Newbies

Forum member

Real Maintenance
06/14/07 at 21:23:20

Dear Rolly,
I had attanded one training programme on Green Production. And a clear message was given to us to reduce the use of energy and resources to control global worming. Over the years it is observed that in majority of case we follow replacement maintenance. Little efforts are made in line with medical line of salvaging body parts.
Regards
HN Gohel

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Rolly Angeles
Rolly Angeles

Re: Real Maintenance
Reply #1 - 06/17/07 at 17:47:59

Hello Hasmukh,

There are 2 kind of spare, or components, those which are repairable and those which are said to be replaceable.  For replaceable parts we speak about it's time to fail or MTTF, and is highly impossible to repair it since the rate of wear, deterioration had already taken it's toll, but however the best that we can do here is to determine how we can increase the lifespan of the part or component.

There are also parts that can be repaired, but you need to take into consideration the repair time it will take and the cost of downtime it will have on your equipment, if the cost of downtime far exceeds the cost of the part to be repaired then I suggest that you replace it and perform some MTBF study on how to extend the lifespan of the part if mostly it fails prematurely.

My Warm Regards,

Rolly Angeles
www.rsareliability.com
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
rsare
RSA Newbies

Forum member

Re: Real Maintenance
Reply #2 - 10/29/11 at 02:41:56

Medyo may pagkakaiba ang practice namin sa pagtutok sa spare parts or inventory. wHERE I work, Maintenance is responsible for setting up the spare parts.

We have three kinds - consumable, capital or investment and safety stocks. Pag-usupan muna natin yung consumable. Nahahati ito sa auto order o procure when required.  

Yung auto order - ang replenishment nito ay base sa frequency of usage, delivery period, order quantity, at dependability ng supplier.

Procure when required are normally setup for equipment flagged as critical, high value cost at long lead time.

Maintnenace Reliability has a big say on this since basically we're the end-users. Since equipment have already been identified as critical and performance histories documented - madali ng i-develop and maintenance task (including equipment monitoring and considition assessment) and i-setup and spares kaya madalang ang emergency work.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print