Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Noisy Motors (Read 4644 times)
HNGOHEL
RSA Newbies

Forum member

Noisy Motors
06/17/07 at 09:22:34

Our company is now pursuing IMS (Integrated Management system, ISO9000, ISO14000 & OSHA) Three motors are identifed as nosiy motors in a plant.
Vibrations of the motors are within permissible limits. But the noise level is in excess of 85db. My feeling is that the fan attached to the NDE of the motor are noisy. We have balancing m/c, vibration analysers etc. Kindlly suggest suitable remedial measures.  
HN Gohel

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Rolly Angeles
Rolly Angeles

Re: Noisy Motors
Reply #1 - 06/17/07 at 17:40:07

Hello Hasmukh,

If your vibration is on the normal range or within the paramters as you said then you don't have a problem with your motor.  There is a noise monitoring equipment on the market to detect excessive noise but it will cost you.  If you can isolate the noise itself manually on where it is comming from and perform some failure analysis on it.  

My Warm Regards,

Rolly Angeles
www.rsareliability.com
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
HNGOHEL
RSA Newbies

Forum member

Re: Noisy Motors
Reply #2 - 06/17/07 at 20:33:41

We have noise measurement instrument, we measure the equipment noise from 1 metre distance. As it is operating plant, we cannot stop adjoining equipments, to supress background noise.

One of the clue which I am having is that all the three motors are 2900 RPM motor, probably fan may be common for 1450 RPM motor. This I will check today. Thanks for prompt reply.
HN Gohel

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print