Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
11/18/19 at 08:58:32
News: Welcome to our forum.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to make training work for your industry (Read 3806 times)
Rolly Angeles
Rolly Angeles

How to make training work for your industry
08/17/07 at 20:57:46

Dear All,

Just would like to share with you some thoughts on how to make training work for your industry.  

First, we need to have a specific reason on why we need our people to have these trainings.

Second, management must understand what the training is all about. I have often received feedback from people that I train if their management had been trained in the things that I have been discussing. I think that they should be the first to attend the training before sending their people to it.  

Third, management must provide the time for their people to practice what they have learned. Support is not enough, there must be management commitment. Support and commitment are two different things. Your management can support yet never commit to your initiative.

Fourth, management must provide time to review the logistics required to complete the home run. Is the consul-tant still needed in the initial stage ?

Fifth, people want to be recognized for their efforts, it gives them pride and enthusiasm to work better. Although I am not speaking about giving them money in return, but rather by acknowledging them for their efforts.  

Kindly click the link below regarding a newsletter I wrote regarding it for sharing purposes.
http://www.rsareliability.com/newsletteraugust2007issue.htm

My Warm Regards,

Rolly Angeles
www.rsareliability.com
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
rsare
RSA Newbies

Forum member

Re: How to make training work for your industry
Reply #1 - 10/29/11 at 02:48:06

Training eats up a big chunk of the operating budget/expense. And you dont get the return quickly either.  

Its an invesment and a necessary "evil". Hindi rin nakaka-cguro ang kompanya that the guy/s theyve trained and have invested time/money will stay.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print